Sunday 23 June 2013

Series of Unfortunate Events

Today is a beri beri suay day for me...

Went to Spot Mozzy alone this morning and this is what I saw upon arrival:


A group of Thai nationals are in the water checking on their nets that they placed.
I spotted a total of 5 fucking nets in the water!

Wtf is wrong with these fuckers?

Put one or two near the bank, I'm fine with it.
But 5??!!!
All in the middle of the waterbody??!!!

How do you fuckers expect other people to fish?
You all really think this place is your home ar?

The closest one is mere meters from where I'm standing.
It's anchored to a stick that they planted in the lower right of the above pic.
With the help of a few other baiters there, we hauled it up and threw it away into the bushes behind us.

All this was done right in front of those Thais.
Fuckers really treat this country like their home...

If you look closely enough in the pic, you will find tiny small white spots floating on the water.
Those are their net markers.

Left to right, up to down, these nets blocked off all fishes within my casting range.

This is really too much...

Left after a short while after zero action and when my NRX's reel seat gave way:


This is apparently a common problem with all G.Loomis NRX.
Read about it all on the internet even before I got my rod last year.
Thought that those affected had unfortunately bought themselves lemons but it had actually happened to me this morning.

Lucky that it was discovered soon, and not while in the midst of fighting a monster snakehead.
Consequences will be dire if my reel falls off in the middle of a tug-of-war with a huge fish.

Apparently, the fault lies in the new skeletal reel seat design.

Being a 2 piece reel seat, the locking section needs to endure huge force in order to hold the reel securely.
Moreover from what I saw, the factory epoxy applied was of inadequate amount.
Just only a few stingy dabs of it which in my case, cracked over time causing the locking screw to dislodge itself (circled).

There's no doubt that this innovative design not only looks good, it actually cuts down on weight and enhanced sensitivity by exposing the blank to our fingers.

But all these at the expense of reliability?
Maybe it's not such a good idea after all...

Got home, searched the web, found out that the problem will still persist even if I send my rod back to it's factory in America.
Not to mention the lengthy shipping period...

Decided to find a local rod maker to fix it properly once and for all.

After some calls, was recommended to look for Gary, boss of G Tackles at Simon Road.

Called Gary and was told to meet him at his shop in the afternoon.
I rested awhile at home then started to make my way to meeting Ling at her sister's place.

While on the highway, I spotted this:


Entire front right wheel gone.
Auntie driver with hum bao face calling someone meters ahead.

Kann and family (minus Colin) had just came back from Phuket.
Seems like they had fun there.
Best thing is, they unwittingly escaped the worst of the haze here.

Ling and I went to Tiong Bahru Market after sending my NRX to Gary.
Collection will be on Tuesday he said...

Got home, fever got worse, asthmatic cough got worse, headache got worse.
Everything I can tahan. 
Except for headaches...

Watched an episode of Top Gear, sayang my Boyboy, told Ling where I placed my house's insurance papers and a few other undone businesses before slipping into a coma...






No comments:

Post a Comment