Sunday 15 December 2013

Roxy's Smart Residents


Headed for Spot Mozzy for today's first light.
Upon arrival, ZH's car was already there.

He and his friends were preparing to trek in.

And I was told that this spot was not to be disclosed to others?

Turns out he shares some similarities with Derek after all.   lol

It's a good thing actually.
I will have no qualms bringing my friends there from now onwards as well.

No point going in and squeezing with them.

Left Mozzy and headed for Spot Roxy.


##################################################


Has been frequenting Spot Roxy.

I've been trying to crack the 'fish code' there lately.

Those temensis at Roxy are a smart bunch.
They will react only to the finesse approach.

Too fast and hard on the rod, they will ignore whatever lure that is even right in front of their faces.

Lures of unnatural colors like blue or candy failed miserably here too.

Strangely, topwater lures also seemed to have no results there.
All my previous trips yielded nothing with topwater lures.

I had great success there with rubbers and flies though.
Some on minnows as well.

That is until this morning.

Not only I managed to catch one, I've actually lost 3 other strikes with topwater lures as well.





See.
That's a topwater lure right there in it's mouth.

It's not that those temensis there do not fancy topwater lures.
I discovered that those surface lures which produces splashes will actually spook them instead.

Lures like Luckycraft Sammy and Showerblows will not work as their cupped mouths are meant to have a slight popping effect.

No matter what kind of lures are used, they must be retrieved slowly to trigger bites from those timid fishes.

Even so, some will just simply follow the lure back, checking it out cautiously without initiating any attack.

Caught another one with a large minnow:

This one is a fighter.
Look at those bent hooks!



Not a bad morning.

Or so I thought...

Shortly after I landed these 2 specimens, a yellow boat came.
There were 5 PUB officers on board.
Heading towards me at full speed.

I quickly ran into the vegetation and found a spot beside a fallen tree covered with vegetation to hide.

Lowered my body profile and switched my phone to silent mode.

Damn...
I'm really getting good at this.
lol

I laid low, listening to faint sounds of shuffling leaves made by those officers.
They had actually berthed their boat and trekked in to hunt for me.

Heard some faint conversations as well.

After about 30 minutes, when all is quiet except for sounds of passing monkeys on the treetops, occasional falling leaves and mosquitoes' buzzing, I emerged and started trekking out.






Just another day at fishing.
In Stinkapore no less...








No comments:

Post a Comment