Monday 31 March 2014

Almost Done!


As from my previous post, I'm in the midst of acquiring a new lighter setup rated at 14lb.

Today, I've gotten the rod...

It's a Megabass Destroyer X7.
Model F3-69X7.

Specs:~
Length: 6'9"
Action: Fast
Line: 6-14lb
Lure: 3.5-14gram


Of the many rods produced by Megabass, this is the only model which I am interested in.
It's blank loads like a dream with 1/2 ounce lures...

Attention is paid to every single detail of this premium rod by the folks at Megabass Japan.

Truly a work of art and functionality.







The only fault I can find with this rod is it's overall weight.
On my scale, it weighs 113 grams.

That's almost the same weight compared to my 14-20lb G.Loomis NRX.

I'm guessing that the extra grams came from it's Metacompo reel seat and the blank's Yoloy wrapping.




Got myself a pair of new pliers as well.
Old one has served me well for years and it's pincers are starting to get really loose...


Even their pliers looks good!



Fixed on my new reel and took a few photos:




 
 
 
 
 
 
After a month of planning, research and shopping, things are finally starting to fall into place.
 
What's left are the RCS SV105 spool and those ultra rare knobs...
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment