Saturday 28 June 2014

Minus One & Half


Spot Mars...

It's becoming a routine.   lol

Went at first light this morning and came out about 30 minutes later with 1 catch and a foot half shorter.

Read on to find out why.

Enjoy the photos:








This brute was landed after some drama.

Not just cunning, it possess brute strength as well.

Peeled off line like nobody's business while changing direction at astonishing speed.

Went into the vegetation once but I managed to yank it out.


High-stick and broke my rod in the process:




Broke it at about one and a half foot down from the rod tip.

With such high drag setting for heavy cover toman fishing, the 14lb rated X7 was unable to withstand the brutal toman...

Not being able to fish anymore, I left Mars after landing the brute...

Went to Andrew's and got a replacement rod as mine was still covered by warranty.



Under Megabass's terms and conditions for it's warranty claim, 50% of the rod's purchase price has to be paid in the event of a claim.

For my case, I do admit that my high-sticking contributed to the rod's breakage.
I have no qualms paying 50% to claim a new rod.

But I can't help thinking what if it had happened to someone who is unlucky enough to have purchased a lemon?

If the rod really breaks after purchase purely due to manufacturing defect, that poor bloke will have to pay 50% as well.

This is something that I feel needs to be addressed by Megabass...



############################################


Project V5 is in it's final stages...










No comments:

Post a Comment